Today I was pleasantly surprised — the high was only 96°F, and I actually felt how much cooler it was compared to yesterday. When will it begin to cool down? This has been the longest, hottest summer that I can recall in Los Angeles.
- Follow MK pix on WordPress.com
- When Will This Torture End?
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Humanity
- No Temple Made With Hands
- Freedom To Roam
- Life In The Fast Lane
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Dialogue
- The Tension Of Transition
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Silhouette
- Nature Is Pleased With Simplicity
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Texture
- August 8 Global Meditation for Peace
- You’re Locked In One Of Three Palaces. Pick One.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Zigzag
- Potpourri Park
- Japan to Resume Whaling Next Year, Despite UN Ban "Apparently undeterred by an international court’s recent order to stop whaling in the Antarctic, Japanese government officials will present a plan for resuming the hunts to the International Whaling Commission at the organization’s Sept. 15 meeting in Slovenia." Discovery.com
Israel appropriated a swath of 990 acres in the West Bank on Sunday and declared the Palestinian area south of Bethlehem to be Israeli "state lands," local media reported. - Los Angeles Times, 8/31/2014
Norway and Japan added voice to the international calls on Israel to reverse a decision to take four square kilometers (1.5 square miles) of West Bank land for a new residential development. - Haaretz, Sept. 3, 2014
COMPASSION IS A VERB. ― Thích Nhất Hạnh
- The week in wildlife in pictures
- 'Why we're going on the biggest climate march in history'
- Rewilding Britain: bringing wolves, bears and beavers back to the land
- Campaigners join London march for global action on climate change
- East Yorkshire gas-drilling site making locals sick from noxious smells
- Mass of seaweed coats Colombian coastline - video
- 50 Canadian climate researchers speak out in support of the People's Climate March
- US will not commit to climate change aid for poor nations at UN summit
- Australia's emissions pledge is getting easier to achieve, new figures show
- The beach in melancholy mood
- 2014 Is on Pace to Be the Warmest Year Ever
- Why I’m Marching Against Climate Change
- These Stunning Photos of Greenland's "Dark Snow" Should Worry You
- Deep Inside the Wild World of China's Fracking Boom
- Why Scotland's Independence Vote Matters for Climate Change
- Gore: Fracking Won't Solve Our Climate Crisis
- World Leaders Have Failed to Seriously Confront Climate Change. Could That Change Next Week?
- Why March in the Biggest Climate Change Demonstration Ever?
- A Massive Hurricane Just Slammed Into Cabo
- There's a Place in the World That Is Fighting Poverty with Solar Power
- 4 Big Activist Events for New York’s Climate Week
- WATCH LIVE: The Climate Convergence Kicks Off NYC's Climate Week
- Do You Really Want to Save the Earth? After the Climate March, Flood Wall Street!
- People's Climate March: How We're Sharpening the Environmental Justice Movement
- Paul Krugman Has Some Truly Shocking News About Climate Change
- Do We Even Need Breakfast? 5 Ways the Morning Meal Is Rapidly Changing
- Watch: Hip-Hop Star Boots Riley Calls for People to Stand Up for Climate Justice
- What to Do When You're Running Out of Time
- How We Can Rescue a World That's Going Up in Flames
- Naomi Klein on the Great Clash Between Capitalism and the Climate
- Mary Kay Henry: Climate Crisis Is Every Working Person's Crisis
- Paul Paz y Miño: Keep the Oil in the Ground!
- George Gresham: People's Climate March: Working For A Better World
- Wade Norris: The Green Beer Fest Celebrates Clean Water for Colorado Craft Brews
- Nezir Sinani: World Bank President Goes Pinocchio
- Rabbi Yonah Bookstein: How Are We Doing as a Planet This Rosh Hashanah?
- Brad Friedman and Desi Doyen: 'Green News Report' - September 18, 2014
- Rep. Adam Schiff: Neither Rain, Nor Flood, Nor Drought Can Stop the Climate Change Deniers
- Tim Profeta: The Climate Post: The Cost of Fixing Climate Change
- Megan Pincus Kajitani: 5 Ways to Support the People's Climate March Without Marching
VOTE WHILE YOU SHOPGet the free BUYCOTT app for your smartphone. Click your campaigns, scan the product's barcode before you buy. It's that easy.